One thing that won’t stop in the apocalypse is infections. Beyond whatever is causing the zombie infection, humans will still be susceptible to all sorts of illnesses. For those caused by bacteria, antibiotics are a powerful tool for treatment.
There are many different types of antibiotics, each with its own specific uses and mechanisms of action. Some of the most commonly prescribed antibiotics and their uses include:
- Amoxicillin: Amoxicillin is a penicillin-type antibiotic often used to treat bacterial infections such as ear infections, pneumonia, bronchitis, and urinary tract infections.
- Azithromycin: Azithromycin is a macrolide-type antibiotic that is often used to treat respiratory tract infections, such as pneumonia, bronchitis, and sinusitis. It is also sometimes used to treat sexually transmitted infections like chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Cephalexin: Cephalexin is a cephalosporin-type antibiotic often used to treat skin, urinary, and respiratory tract infections.
- Ciprofloxacin: Ciprofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone-type antibiotic often used to treat urinary tract infections, respiratory tract infections, and skin infections. It is also sometimes used to treat bacterial gastroenteritis.
- Doxycycline: Doxycycline is a tetracycline-type antibiotic often used to treat acne, respiratory tract infections, and sexually transmitted infections like chlamydia and gonorrhea.
It is important to note that antibiotics should only be used when necessary and appropriate and, until the apocalypse, should always be taken precisely as a healthcare provider prescribes. Overusing and misusing antibiotics can lead to antibiotic resistance, a serious public health concern.
Categories: Apocalypse healthcare
Leave a Reply