Fans of zombie games rejoice! Saber Interactive and Focus Home Interactive are celebrating the release of an update to their co-op zombie shooter World War Z by offering it for free on PC via the Epic Games Store from now until April 2.
To get it, visit the Epic Games Store and log in with the link below:
World War Z’s Crossplay Update is now available, expanding the matchmaking pool across both PC and Xbox One. PS4 will also be joining the fray at some point in the future. For anyone who prefers to turn crossplay off, this option is available in the settings.
A new mission objective has also been added. In every mission, a Virus Sample canister will spawn in various locations, which the player must loot and bring to the end of the mission. They can also be looted from a Bomber if it’s taken down correctly. The longer you hold on to the Virus Sample, the more negative effects it will apply to you, so make sure to hurry!
Horde Mode Z has received a host of balancing tweaks based on community feedback. More xp and currency rewards, fewer special zombies in normal mode, and a long list of further changes visible below.
Jump into Horde Mode Z, Missions, or Multiplayer and enjoy the five new weapon variants with their unique perks as well, such as the thumper grenade launcher’s incendiary explosives, or the fully automatic machine pistol!
The War Heroes DLC skin pack can now be purchased on PS4, Xbox One, and PC!
And that’s not all! Saber already has a ton of future content planned, including a new location, with three new missions and new characters.
“We’d like to thank our community for all the great feedback we’ve received, which has helped us identify and solve a number of issues,” the company said in a statement. “Your feedback is always appreciated! If you haven’t joined the Discord community yet, it’s a great place to hang out and chat with other Survivors: https://discord.gg/cax5RH9“
World War Z is currently available digitally and at most major retailers on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well as Windows PC via the Epic Games store.
- Added Virus Sample functionality in Campaign
- AI Director will randomly spawn containers with Virus Sample that players can pick up
- Virus samples can spawn from Bombers that are taken down without them exploding.
- The containers are fragile and they will begin to apply negative effects to players as they break.
- If players will manage to finish the mission with containers intact, they will get increased rewards
- AI Director can spawn several Virus Samples, Bomber will also drop them
- Added 4 new weapon variants with unique perks
- Pistol – Increased penetration and damage vs special zombies.
- Machine Pistol – Full auto variant, reloads primary weapon after a special zombie kill.
- Classic Battle Rifle – Semi auto variant, no penetration but deals a lot of damage.
- Battle Rifle – Full auto variant.
- Thumper Grenade Launcher – Incendiary grenades.
- War Heroes character skin pack (included for Season Pass owners)
- Slightly reduced difficulty in Hard mode
- Significantly reduced difficulty in Normal mode
- Less Special Zombies will spawn in Normal mode
- Increased preparation timer between waves by 20% in Normal mode
- Supply points rewards will begin to scale down later in Normal mode
- Added significantly more random pickups in Normal mode
- Increased Auto Turret maximum ammo
- Capped by 10 the amount of Auto Turrets that could be placed simultaneously
- Fixed one of the shops not spawning items
- Reduced the amount of ammo secondary weapons drain from ammo boxes by 50%
- Reduced ammo crate cost from 100 to 70
- Significantly increased both XP and currency rewards
- Tweaked Extreme difficulty settings to restore pre-patch balance (it was changed to support crossplay)
- AI Director will spawn less secondary weapon pickups
- Reworked Bomber drop, he will spawn better Primary and Heavy weapons when killed
- Fixed several issues with perks stacking
- Minor UI and localization fixes
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed some gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels
- Fixed issue that allowed players to clip through geometry in some places
PC Specific Fixes
- Added crossplay between Xbox in PvE
Categories: zombie games