The game update and Apocalypse Pack DLC for Zombie Driver HD has finally arrived on XBox Live Arcade.
The new update fixes screen tearing issues that some people have been experiencing and improves frame rate which makes squashing zombies super smooth. The patch also fixes a number of smaller issues.
The Apocalypse Pack includes two awesome cars available in all game modes, plus an extra Slaughter Mode map – the Military Base.
Both of the new cars are guest appearances from EXOR Studios’ earlier project – D.I.P.R.I.P., which was a multi-player car combat game released in 2008 as a free Source Engine mod. The first of the two is called the “Chaos 126p” and it’s a small and nimble monster truck (as far as monster trucks can be small, anyway). It’s very fast and handles incredibly well in tight corners. The second one is a huge custom made truck with jet engine exhausts called the “Auroch”. It can ram through anything on it’s path, has lot’s of nitro and can carry up to 10 passengers in the Story Mode.
The Military Base Slaughter mode map is one of the larger levels and as the name implies it is based in an abandoned army depot. If Slaughter Mode was about ice skating one could say that it’s the perfect place for making beautiful loops in harmony with soul touching music, but fortunately it’s not so you can exchange loops for insanely long combos and soul touching music for the sound of metal plowing through hundreds of zombies.
About Zombie Driver™ HD:
Insane mix of cars, speed, explosions, blood and zombies! Fight through an epic narrative campaign or test yourself in the Slaughter and Blood Race modes. Engage huge bosses, save survivors, drive crazy vehicles such as a bulldozer, fire truck or even a tank and smash everything in your way. Take part in the Blood Race tournament – chase other cars and take them down without mercy on brutal racing tracks. Jump into the Slaughter mode and survive as long as possible on specially crafted arenas.
– Epic story campaign with 31 diverse missions featuring boss fights, night missions, special vehicles and more…
– Blood Race mode with 30 unique events offering the best arcade racing experience in 3 distinct game types:
*Race – classic racing spiced up with guns and loads of zombies
*Eliminator – take down as many vehicles as you can before the time runs out
*Endurance – there is a bomb on your car and its ticking. Race through checkpoints to extend your time
– Survive endless zombie waves on 7 twisted slaughter arenas
– Drive 13 insane zombie killing machines including a school bus, a fire truck, a bulldozer or even a tank
– 9 different upgrades, which can transform an innocent Taxi into a Chariot of Death
– Vehicle mounted weapons including miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers or even dual railguns
– All weapons have 3 upgrade levels which come with unique features
– Dynamic combo system with tricks to help fight off the hordes of zombies
– PhysX by NVIDIA